fire

A fire in Westerlo that destroyed a small home on Route 406 is likely due to electric space heaters that were used.

One apartment is “uninhabitable,” firefighters say, and residents of three others were being moved to temporary accommodations.

A Westerlo man welding in his garage led to an explosion, causing a house fire and hospitalizing the welder.

The fire decimated the barn and killed two pigs and their piglets.

Firefighters

The “heavily involved” fire was in a garage with no buildings close by.

Firefighters say requiring sprinklers in new homes would save lives. Realtors say installing such systems should be a matter of personal choice not a government requirement.

Firefighters expect to have a definitive cause of the Sept. 8 spa fire within a couple of days.

A landowner, thinking the end of the burn ban date was May 2, intentionally set his shed on fire, leading to Knox Volunteer Fire Company to respond.

A firefighter was sent to the hospital and muddy conditions made it more difficult to fight a fire on Delaware Avenue on Tuesday, May 1.  

A Westerlo house fire began in the chimney and traveled inside the home’s walls.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - fire