GUILDERLAND — Amy Castillo and her husband realized their dream a few years ago when they were able to buy a farm on Brandle Road.

They named it Kava La Reina Farm. “Kava” means “bee” in Guarani, an indigenous language of South America and an official language of Paraguay.  So their farm’s name translates to “queen bee.”

Altamont resident Clair Hesselton was one of 1,500 entrants in a raffle to win a golf cart as part of ShopRite’s annual veterans’ fundraising campaign.

In the wake of its capital-project defeat, the Guilderland School District will look at exit polls to see what direction to take next, said Superintendent Marie Wiles.

GUILDERLAND — After a year-and-a-half of gathering and working with public feedback, the Guilderland Public Library board ​voted ​unanimously last Thursday night to accept, in concept, a ​plan​ developed by architect Paul K. Mays to update the 26-year-old library building and expand it by about a quarter of its size.

ALBANY — Jamie L. Bonkoski, who had been the property manager at Deer Valley Apartments in Guilderland for 20 years, admitted Thursday to embezzling $79,961.48 over five years from the complex off of Johnston Road.

ALBANY — Mark S. Schmidt of Altamont pleaded guilty in Albany County Court on Thursday morning to second-degree attempted rape and second-degree attempted criminal sex act, both felonies.

At the time of his arrest, Schmidt was employed by the University at Albany as a photographer.

A traffic accident led to drug-related charges for both driver and passenger.

A former fifth-grade student, now 19, says the occasional hugs that Tod Mell would give went on a little too long.

Elisa Streeter, who was named the 2018 Media Person of the Year by the Women’s Press Club of New York State, was introduced to the world of television news at a young age, as her father worked as a television anchor for most of her childhood. Streeter will be retiring at the end of this year after working as a news anchor herself for almost 30 years.

Firefighters

The “heavily involved” fire was in a garage with no buildings close by.

Pages