The neighbors were sleeping when the empty house at 3 Nancy Lane caught fire so the call came in to late to save it.

Several fire trucks responded to a Maple Avenue home in Altamont Friday evening after a microwave became very smoky.

Paul and Theresa Oliver, who narrowly escaped the fire that took their Gardner Road home early Tuesday morning, plan to rebuild. “We wouldn’t leave here,” said Theresa Oliver on Tuesday afternoon. “This is family land.”

Large late-night fire damages the home of Tom and Sally Ketchum, well known in Altamont as the owners of Ketchum’s gas station on Main Street.

Acting Chief Building and Zoning Inspector Jacqueline Coons said that as soon as the town receives the right paperwork, demolition will continue. “It should be done soon,” she said.

Smoke billowed from a hole cut in the back of the mansard roof, produced by a kitchen fire at the popular Indian restaurant.

Alfred E. Watson, owner and operator of Star Tree Service, was the victim who died in a house fire July 17 at 3825 Carman Rd. in Guilderland, said coroner’s physician Jeffrey Hubbard today.

A family from Quebec lost all of its possessions when its van caught fire Tuesday morning in the parking lot of Robinson’s Ace Hardware on Route 20.

Tawasentha Park’s new poolhouse is brighter and more modern than the old one that burned down a year ago.

Dogs are training to aid the New York Task Force 2 of the Office of Fire Prevention and Control.


Subscribe to RSS - fire