A chimney fire was put out by the Westerlo Fire Department Wednesday morning. Two residents, including a lifetime member of the department, escaped, but the house will have to be rebuilt after its chimney was knocked down to control the rest of the fire inside.
For Helderberg Community Energy, the wait has been a decade long to see some Hilltown families with community renewable energy. Monolith Solar opened the area’s first community array, with some Hilltown customers, in Johnsonville last month.
At a Berne-Knox-Westerlo Board of Education workshop meeting, there were several presentations of different visions on how to restructure the school, ranging from new schedules to architectural designs.