Green sentenced for rape of minor at Guilderland Days Inn

— Enterprise file photo by Elizabeth Floyd Mair

At a preliminary hearing in Guilderland Town Court in December 2017, Christopher L. Green, at right, pleaded not guilty. His lawyer, Assistant Public Defender Don Partyka, is beside him.

GUILDERLAND — Christopher L. Green, 32, from Hartford, Connecticut whom a jury found guilty of raping a 14-year-old girl, was sentenced Friday to six years in state prison.

Judge Roger D. McDonough in Albany County Supreme Court handed down the sentence, which also includes 10 years of post-release supervision, according to a release from the Albany County District Attorney’s Office; Green will have to register as a sex offender upon his release from prison. He could have been sentenced up to 28 years.

Green had been found guilty on Nov. 28, 2018 of one count of second-degree rape and three counts of second-degree criminal sexual act, all felonies.

The jury found that Green had, on Dec. 7, 2017, engaged in sexual intercourse and criminal sex acts at the Days Inn at 1230 Western Ave. in Guilderland with a minor under the age of 15.

At a preliminary hearing in the Guilderland Town Court on Dec. 13, 2017, Sergeant Joseph Normandin of the Guilderland Police testified that Green told police he was in town as part of a construction crew; Green described having anl and oral contact with the girl, Normandin testified.

Normandin also testified to what the victim in the case, who had called 9-1-1 from the Days Inn, had told him:

The girl was “visibly shaken up, crying,” Normandin said on the stand, and explained that she had met a man on an app called “MeetMe” and that he had told her to come to the Days Inn.

She did not want to, but he said that she knew where she was “because of a GPS in her Snapchat” and he threatened “that something bad would happen unless she came,” Normandin said.

He led her to a room upstairs, where he had sex with her, she told Normandin.

After, Green offered to call her an Uber car. She went downstairs to wait for it, but it never came. She went back up to knock on the door, but she was locked out and no one answered, she told Normandin.

Eventually, she called police, Normandin said.


More Guilderland News

The Altamont Enterprise is focused on hyper-local, high-quality journalism. We produce free election guides, curate readers' opinion pieces, and engage with important local issues. Subscriptions open full access to our work and make it possible.